Job title: Assistant Professor in Arts en Culture/History of Architecture (Tenure Track)
VU unit: Faculty of Arts
Vacancy number: 14181
Date of publication: May 15, 2014
Closing date: May 29, 2014
• contributes to the carrying out of the education courses Architectural History in the bachelor MKDA and the different (interdisciplinary) masters specializations in which Architectural History is involved in and develops new courses;
• takes part in lecturing for the track Design;
• performs research tasks, both independent and (interdisciplinary) in groups;
• performs tasks that are connected with the organisation, administration and control of the education program;
• is expected to be active in applying for external research funds.
• Holds a PhD in Arts;
• Is familiar with architectural theory, architectural criticism and visions of the architectural profession;
• Has published scientific articles and/or books that include publications in international peer-reviewed journals;
• Has affinity with interdisciplinarity;
• Is an engaged and inspiring lecturer who performs good education, as proven by student-evaluations;
• Participates in the education of the Graduate School of Humanities of the faculty;
• Has a basic qualification in teaching for Dutch universities(‘BKO’) or is willing to acquire one.
Further particulars : The tenure-position is for a total of five years with a first evaluation after two years. The Tenure-decision is taken after 5 years or earlier. The first contract starts not earlier then 1 October 2014. You can find information about all our fringe benefits of employment at www.workingatvu.nl
Salary : The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel, and depending on experience, range from a minimum of € 3259,00 gross per month up to a maximum of € 4462,00 gross per month (salary scale 11) based on a full-time employment.
Information : If you have any questions please contact Prof. Dr. J.E. Bosma (chair Architectural History/Heritage Studies), e-mail: j.e.bosma@.vu.nl
Application : Applicants should send a cover letter with their motivation, CV, a list of three references and a list of publications before May 29, 2014 (mention the vacancy number in the e-mail header) to:
VU University Amsterdam
Faculty of Arts
to the attention of A.W. Mulder (LL.M.), Managing Director
Any other correspondence in response to this advertisement will not be dealt with.