Fellowship: Visiting Fellowship at Monash University Department of Architecture, Melbourne
The Department of Architecture at Monash Art Design & Architecture (MADA) announces an open call for leading architectural thinkers, practitioners and teachers, to apply for a Visiting Fellowship in Melbourne. Applicants at all career levels including academic staff on sabbatical leave, and post-doctoral and mid-career researchers, from all over Australia and the world are invited.
The Fellowship is particularly seeking integrations of teaching and research, innovative interdisciplinary approaches, and research which aligns with and is complementary to our research labs and academic staff. Applicants’ sub-disciplines may include:
- Architectural design research, practice-based research, or project-led research
- Architectural history, theory, and criticism: the architectural humanities
- Architectural science, environmental sustainability, and building performance
- Computational design and advanced digital design processes
- Advanced building construction and fabrication including architectural robotics
- Advanced and innovative Professional Practice in architecture
- Experimental research methods and methodologies
- Interdisciplinary approaches to architecture from adjacent or distant fields, disciplines and practices
- And others…
The application process proceeds via two stages.
The first stage is an Expression of Interest. This should include:
– A project proposal: a brief account of what is proposed for the residency. This proposal can comprise text and images, and should include:
- project title, outline, intended outcomes
- the relation of the project to the applicant’s past and future research and/or teaching practice
- the relation of the project to the Department’s existing teaching, research, or work
- the proposed practical, collegial engagements with the Department whilst in residence, as per the list above
– CV with contact information
– Citizenship and employment status (including whether this is a sabbatical)
– Preferred dates and proposed duration of residency (cognisant of Monash term dates)
– Requirements for financial support and brief budget (up to AUD $5,000, with final payment dependent on actual costs of travel and length of stay)
Expressions of Interest are due no later than 5pm (AEST), 15 September 2019.
Selected Expressions of Interest will be invited for elaboration and refinement through a second stage process.
For enquiries, and to submit the Expression of Interest, please contact Timothy Moore email@example.com