Call for Proposals: Guest-Edited, Special Issue of Fabrications
Fabrications is the refereed journal of the Society of Architectural Historians, Australia and New Zealand (SAHANZ). Established in 1989, it is devoted to scholarly publication in the field of architectural history. The journal’s contents reflect the wide interests of the Society’s diverse membership. It publishes papers on a wide range of themes, but especially on the architectural, urban and landscape history of Australia, New Zealand, the South Pacific and South-East Asia. The journal is published for the Society by Taylor & Francis, with each annual volume containing three issues. Special issues may be referred to the publisher’s Special Issues as Books programme following publication.
The Society invites proposals for a special, guest-edited issue of its journal, Fabrications, to be published in January 2021 (volume 31, no. 1). The guest editor(s) will work to realise the special issue in collaboration with the journal’s appointed editors, Mirjana Lozanovska and Cameron Logan, and in consultation with the Society’s Editorial Board.
For further information on Fabrications and to review past issues, see the Taylor and Francis website.
Timelines for the issue will be as follows:
- Invitation to edit the special issue – November 2019
- Call for papers advertised – January 2020
- Papers due – 1st June 2020
- Reviews concluded – 10th August 2020
- Guest Editors to hand over final papers for editing and production – 10th September 2020
Proposals should include:
- Theme title and editor(s)
- Brief CV of the editor(s)
- Draft call for papers (maximum 400 words)
- If relevant, information about any event around which the proposal may be organised
- If relevant, the names and/or themes of any specific contributions the editor(s) anticipate(s) including in the issue.
Deadline for submissions is 10 December 2019. Proposals will be considered by the SAHANZ Editorial Board.
Please direct submissions and enquiries to Paul Walker, email@example.com.