JOB: Full Professor Art History & Urbanism
University of Groningen
Application deadline: January 10, 2016
The Faculty of Arts of the University of Groningen invites applications for the position of Full Professor of History of Architecture and Urbanism with a focus on Modern and Contemporary Architecture in Europe
The new full professor will:
• provide leadership, motivation and supervision to the staff of the Chairgroup History of Architecture and Urbanism
• make a strong and inspiring contribution to (the development of) our educational programmes in the field of History of Architecture and Urbanism, at BA, MA and PhD levels
• supervise PhD theses
• coordinate and conduct research in the field
• acquire external funding for research
• perform administrative and organizational duties within and potentially outside the Faculty.
• has a PhD in the field of History of Architecture and Urbanism
• has a track record of outstanding, internationally recognized research, with publications in leading journals in this field
• has demonstrated the ability to acquire external research funds and supervise/co-supervise PhD theses
• has excellent leadership, organizational and teaching skills
• has the ability to cooperate and work within a team
• is fluent in English and has a good knowledge of Dutch, or is willing to learn this language within two years
• is preferably willing to take up residence in or near the city of Groningen.
Conditions of employment
The University of Groningen offers a salary depending on qualifications and work experience. For candidates at full professor level, the salary ranges from a minimum of € 5,154 to a maximum of € 7,505 (salary scale
full professor 2 Dutch Universities, as of 1 January 2016) gross per month for a full time (1.0 fte) position, excluding 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus and participation in a pension
scheme for employees. Please note that the position of Professor in History and Urbanism is a part-time (60%), tenured position. For more details see the profile of the chair.
We expect candidates to start in September 2016.
How to apply
You may apply for this position until 10 January / before 11 January 2016 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on “Apply” below on the advertisement on the university website).
Applicants are requested to submit:
1. A cover letter including your view on how your research and/or teaching may fit into the department
2. A curriculum vitae, including a list of publications, teaching activities, fundraising activities and awarded projects, as well as managerial activities
3. The names and contact details of two references.
The profile of the chair, may be obtained from the Office of the Faculty of Arts, Ms G.Peters-Beuke, telephone +31 50 3635834, e-mail: email@example.com