Cultural and Creative Industries Economic Development and Urban Regeneration
International Conference | Rome, 4-5 December 2015
Call for Papers
The rise of awareness about the economic significance of creativity in a globalized world has gone hand in hand with the affirmation of the term ‘creative industries’, often used interchangeably to the term ‘cultural industries’.
Culture and creativity are considered key competitiveness drivers in the knowledge-based economy. They account for substantial shares of income and employment in developed countries and offer important opportunities to policy makers to raise local levels of urban quality and social well-being. These strengths are the basis for important potential contributions of cultural and creative industries to the ‘smart’, ‘inclusive’ and ‘sustainable’ growth that are placed at the core of Europe 2020 economic strategy.
The conference aims to promote the debate and the sharing of knowledge and experiences on research, policy and projects focusing on Cultural and Creative Industries.
- Historical perspective and methodological issues
- Culture, creativity and the knowledge economy
- Cultural and creative industries and intellectual property rights
- Cultural and creative industries and international trade
- The competitive advantage of place: creative clusters, creative networks; creative
- Culture-led urban regeneration
- Public policies for cultural and creative industries
- The contemporary thinking of culture
Authors who wish to give a presentation are requested to submit an abstract (minimum of 200 words; maximum of 500 words) by July 31 2015. Only online submission is allowed. One author may present a maximum of two abstracts.
Abstract submission: 31 July 2015
Notification of acceptance: 10 August 2015
Early registration: 30 September 2015
Preliminary program: 12 October 2015
Paper submission: 15 November 2015
Conference sessions: 4-5 December 2015
More information: http://host.uniroma3.it/centri/croma/creativeindustries/singolo_evento.asp?page=Evento&menu=1&id=9