The Middle Ages. A Global Context?
Lisbon, December 13 – 15, 2017
Deadline: June 15, 2017
This Conference will seek to provide a forum for scholars from all disciplines who are willing to examine the question whether or not it
is possible to speak of a Global Middle Ages. We invite participation from graduate students, early-career researchers and senior scholars.
Papers are warmly welcome whether in English, Portuguese, Spanish, French or Italian.
The three sections of the Conference will be:
1. Debating the Global Middle Ages: Theoretical and Historiographical Approaches;
2. Texts, Images and Representations;
3. Territories and Powers: a “Glocal” Perspective.
Possible topics may include, but are by no means restricted to, the following:
– approaches to sub-global, semi-global and pan-global concepts and the discussion of contact,
exchange, interaction, circulation, integration and exclusion;
– analysis of concepts and case studies concerning diffusion, outreach, dispersal and expansion;
– approaches to concepts of impact, reception, acceptance, transformation and reform.
Proposals for either 3-paper sessions or individual papers will be equally welcome. Individual papers
should be 20 minutes in length.
Please submit an abstract of no more that 250 words and a brief CV to email@example.com by 15 June 2017.
Drawing Attention to the Periphery
October 25-27, 2023 Panel session for AHRA conference on Situated Ecologies of Care Portsmouth School of Architecture, UK. Submission deadline for abstracts: June 12, 2023 This paper session asks: How is the periphery reconfigured against collective life, culture,...