Call for Papers: AHRA 2018: Smartness? between discourse and practice. Eindhoven, 15-17 November 2018
The Architectural Humanities Research Association is currently accepting abstracts for its upcoming annual conference Smartness? between discourse and practice, which will take place at TU Eindhoven in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. Please submit an abstract no later than 8:00 p.m. CET on May 1, 2018, to one of the 14 thematic sessions, which have been selected to provide different perspectives into the topic of smart systems in architecture and urbanism and are listed below. We encourage submissions from architectural and urbanism scholars, as well as the various related that can provide additional insights to the conference theme.
Abstracts submission deadline: 1 May 2018.
- Tomorrow’s City Today: Palimpsest of The Future
- Smarter and Sustainable Urban Conservation: Myth or Reality?
- Sustainable Technologies and Creativity: The Alternative(Less) Imaginaries of Smartness?
- Augmented Smartness: Harnessing Tacit Urban Intelligence
- Quantifying Urban Experiences Through ‘Smart’ Methods and Technologies
- Tectonics of The Immaterial: The Material Footprint of The Immaterial
- Catalysing Cross-Scales: Emergent Urbanism and Smart Nodes
- Smartness as Ideological Practice: Is Smartness an Empty Signifier in The Discourse of The Future Built Environment?
- Accessing Data Analytics: Urban Commons as City Smartness
- Smart Vagueness: Alternative Urbanities of The Global South
- Sound and The Smart City: Mapping Sound and Noise
- Utopia Through Smart Technologies
- ‘Smart’ Urban Heritage Management
- Making the City Smart Together
More information about the sessions and guidelines for submission are available here.
Scientific Committee: Michael Batty, Andrew Feenberg, Dan Hill, Geeta Mehta, Antoine Picon, Igea Troiani
Organizing Committee: Sergio M Figueiredo, Sukanya Krishnamurthy, Torsten Schroeder