Award: SAH Publication & Film Awards
The Society of Architectural Historians is accepting nominations for the 2020 Publication Awards and the Award for Film and Video. The awards will be presented at the SAH 2020 Annual International Conference in Seattle, Washington (April 29–May 3).
The deadline to apply is Wednesday, 31 July 2019.
SAH Publication Awards
This annual awards program recognizes the most distinguished publications in architectural history, urban history, landscape history, preservation, and architectural exhibition catalogues. See link below for award criteria and to download a nomination form.
• Alice Davis Hitchcock Book Award: Presented for distinguished scholarship by a North American author in the history of architecture
• Philip Johnson Exhibition Catalogue Award: Presented for excellence in published exhibition catalogues
• Antoinette Forrester Downing Book Award: Presented for an outstanding publication devoted to historical issues in the preservation field
• Elisabeth Blair MacDougall Book Award: Presented for distinguished scholarship in the history of landscape architecture or garden design
• Spiro Kostof Book Award: Presented for work that focuses on urbanism and architecture and provides the greatest contribution to our understanding of historical development and change.
More information on the Publication Awards is available here.
SAH Award for Film and Video
Established in 2013, the award recognizes the most distinguished work of film or video on the history of the built environment. Films or videos must have an initial release date within the past three years (2016, 2017 or 2018). See link below for award criteria and to download a nomination form.
More information on the Award for Film and Video is available here.