Call for Papers: Racism in Architecture. kritische berichte, Volume 3, 2021
In recent years, the topic of racism has become increasingly important in German and Austrian society, research, architecture and curatorial practice. The editors of this issue of kritische berichte would like to reflect and think further about this status quo: How can we deconstruct racism in architectural theory? In which fields of architecture and urbanism does racism leave its mark? What traces of racism do we encounter in architecture, urbanism, and public space?
The thematic issue is looking for contributions of all kinds (such as texts, pictures, montages, essays, interviews, documentations of artistic research, exhibitions, etc.) that investigate
- Manifestations of structural racism in present and past
- Thinking patterns and perspectives in science and society, in theory and practice, in culture and economy
- Processes of migration, exclusion and repression
- Feedback effects of globalization pressure and identity constructions
- Manifestations of asymmetric power relations
- Racism and production of global architectural history
and thus contribute to critical (self-)reflection.
The editors invite researchers, architects, artists, curators, etc. to submit a short abstract of no more than 300 words in German or English by 23 December 2020 at firstname.lastname@example.org. Participants will be informed on 6 January 2021. The volume is peer reviewed.
Editors: Christian Fuhrmeister, Munich / Regine Heß, Munich/Zurich / Monika Platzer, Vienna