Convened by Macarena de la Vega de León and Paul Walker, this event will be held in person at the Melbourne School of Design, and on Zoom. You can now REGISTER.
In the US: Tuesday 26 April, 7pm-10.30pm (ET), 4pm-7.30pm (PT)
Australasia in Global Architectural Histories_ Wednesday 27 April, 9am-10.45am (AEST)
- Murray Fraser, “A Provisional, Collectivised Global History.”
- Vimalin Rujivacharakul, “Buildings of the Oceans: Ephemerality and Monumentality in Architectural History.”
- Deidre Brown, “Decolonising and Indigenising Architectural History.”
- Amanda Achmadi and Paul Walker, “Writing architecture across colonial borders: ‘Southeast Asia, Australia and the Pacific, 1780-1914.’”
- Philip Goad, “Time for Global Reassessment: Architectural Histories of Southeast Asia, Australasia and Oceania.”
Limitations of Global Histories_ Wednesday 27 April, 11am.-12.30pm (AEST)
- Mark Jarzombek, “Beyond History?”
- Vikram Prakash, “Eventualities: The Agency of Architectural Historiography in Decolonization.”
- Joanna Merwood-Salisbury, “Race and the Historiography of American Architecture.”
- Mirjana Lozanovska, “Theory + History = Historiography.”
- Karen Burns and Lori Brown, “Women, Global History, and the Nation State.”
Further details, abstracts and speakers’ bios can be found here.