Call for Papers: Cities And Change: Three Decades Of Post-Socialist Transition (1989-2019). Darmstadt, 17-18 May 2019
The selection of sessions for the international conference entitled Cities and Change: Three decades of Post-Socialist Transition has been completed. The call for papers is now officially open.
Abstracts of up to 300 words for papers that suit one of the following sessions are welcome:
1. How Long Does The ‘Post’ Last? Spatial Dynamics in Post-Socialist Transition
2. Socialist Legacy–Emerging Heritage?
3. The Urban Morphology of Post Socialism
4. Contested functions of (socialist) architecture in post-socialist cities
5. 1989-2019 CEE urban transformation revisited: city visions, self-made transitions and alternative development models
6. Culture-led urban transformation and tourism potential in post-socialist Europe and beyond
7. Contentious Mobility Governance: Mobility as an entry point to understanding urban governance in post-Soviet Cities
8. Rural Areas in the Post-Socialist Context
9. Innovating the Post-socialist City: Challenging Legacy. Emerging Fears?
10. Promises of Strategic Urban Planning
The deadline for the abstract submission is 10 November 2018.
Abstracts should be submitted via the following link: http://bit.ly/conf2019.